Then yet more painting...After the painting was done, it was time to build the big play enclosure for the kitties...Meanwhile, the carpet was pulled and tiles were put down in what will be the sugery suite and the prep room.Once all of that was done, the kitties came over...
- Card board boxes and packing material would be helpful.
- We're still in need of the paper food cups or boats that we use for wet food to feed the cats. They are found at Smart & Final, and are the smallest size (I think 0.5 lbs.) that they make. They come in a pack of ~250, blue on the outside, a pack of six would be great.
- Extra large Under Pads. They are a flat rectangular sheet of plastic covered in a thin layer of absorbent material. Their used for conveyancing cats. I find them at Longs in the adult diaper section. A couple of packs would work well.
- Trash bags
- Paper towels
- Laundry Detergent
- Baby food: chicken, turkey, beef, ham, lamb (Food Co. has the best price on Delmonte baby food.)
- Towels, bedding
- Cat beds from indivilual that will accompildate more than one cat; med dog size works well
- Cat trees-Cat tubes-Foam
- Little tikes play structures - easy to sanitize
- Cat Country litter large sized bags
- Small area rugs (machine washable please) are a favorite for feline lounging.
- Ferret hammocks, large size works best. The kittens pile into them and take long naps
Written by: Trish
We are in need of people with electrician, plumbing, handy man skills to install: lighting fixtures, outlets, treatment sinks, shelving, drying racks, drivers for fork lift to move banks of cages and moving truck, unclogging of drains, etc. There are already eight working 220 outlets available in the warehouse.
TIME LINE FOR MOVE – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – THIS WILL CHANGE AS NEEDED
2-4 Mon Prep work for painting the inside of warehouse – FINISHED!
2-5 Tues Paint inside of warehouse and newly constructed rooms.
2-5 to 2-8 construct cat runs, kitten nursery, quarantine, ICU, get acquainted rooms, etc.
Tues- Fri Install flooring and install lighting
2-8 Friday Set up of sanitization equipment and supplies for Friday morning. Need floor plan
2-9 Saturday Cats: ID and collars, deflea, mini physicals, nails
ID holding cages at 1255, sanitize (location TBA), move them to 3016.
Sort, toss, defer. box up, label & move what is ready to go. Dump runs.
2-10 Sunday Moving truck arrives. Sanitize/wash (location to TBA) equipment and supplies via pressure sprayer and/or hand washing before items go into the new shelter. Bring your scrub brushes and rubber gloves. Here’s a sampling of what’s on the sanitation wash list: banks of cat cages including doors, brick cage supports, stainless steel sinks, treatment tables, service carts, trash containers, and miscellaneous equipment like refrigerators, washers, dryer, freezer, office equipment, furnishings and supplies (brooms, brushes, dust pans, shoes, door knobs etc.). Remember the under side of items; tables, carts, rolling equipment.
- Move cages and install skirting.
- Move surgery and prep
- Move washer, dryer, freezer, refrigerator(s
- Evening may move cats depending of progress of the move
2-11 Monday Install banisters. Move furnishings, office, supplies.
2-10 to 2-17 Clean 1255 Annette and replace cabinetSun – Mon
2-16 Saturday Volunteer training TBA and adoption event 10 am - 4 pm at 3016 Rolison
2-17 to 21 Dr. Thompson at veterinary conference out of town
Sun – Thur After initial move Clear drains, check heating & electrical
Plumbing: washer, clean sink, groom sink, install sign, rear window ventilation, room installation
March 3rd - March First Friday - Grand Opening!
There is limited parking in front of 3016 Rolison (NLF) use 2nd Avenue as an alterative.